Yamaha French Horn Silent Brass Mute with STX-2 Studio
- - Powered by Brass Resonance Modelling
- - Now cancels out the sound of the mute microphone for further authenticity
- - Creates a sound that returns the characteristics of an open instrument
- - New compact design fits into your horn bell for storage and convenience
- - AUX IN minijack makes it easy to play along with accompaniment and backing
The Yamaha Silent Brass practice mute system lets you play your horn anywhere you want, anytime you want, and with just the kind of ambiance you feel like. You can mix into the sounds of a CD player, other Silent Brass or other instruments with electronic output such as Clavinovas, Silent Pianos, synthesizers or electronic keyboards, and output your playing into a tape deck or even an amp with speakers. Never again will you have to search for a practice room, have to "stop because it’s getting late". The Silent Brass system includes the STX-2 Personal Studio, Pickup mute, earphones, and an adapter.
The pickup mute is made of lightweight plastic, with a unique rubber sealer to hold it securely in the bell. When used with the Silent Brass system, it has none of that stuffy restricted feeling of conventional practice mutes. In fact, it blows so close to a natural open horn that you simply won’t believe it until you actually experience it for yourself. Play high or low, loud or soft, and your pitch will remain true and centered. A special microphone inside the mute relays your sound to the Personal Studio.