Paxman Model 83 Compensating Triple French Horn
|Bell Size and Fixture |
|Brass, Levers, Lacquering ||Add to basket
Paxman Model 83 F/Bb(A-+)/f-alto Compensating Triple French Horn
PRICES FROM £12750.00
(for final price, please select options and add to basket)
- - Merewether System
- - Dual bore
- - Available in Medium, Europa and Large sizes
- - Lacquered or unlacquered
- - Available in Yellow brass, Gold brass or Nickel Silver (by request) finishes
- - Paxman "Zero" alto valve
- - Single storey F/Bb change valve
- - Stopping valve as standard
- - Mouthpipe guard
- - Mouthpipe water key
- - Reversible thumb valve
- - Nickel silver valve casings
- - Brass rotors
- - Cord or Miniball lever action
- - Fixed or detachable bell
- - A=442 pitch as standard
The new triple horn design is Paxman’s response to separate requests from two of London’s top players. The requests were for a compensating double horn with a single storey change valve. While designing this, we realised that we could incorporate this feature successfully into a new and more compact triple horn.
The single change valve has enabled us to design a very free-blowing horn with a very long leadpipe, and to include a stopping valve on the Bb horn as standard, whilst retaining our unique dual mouthpipe system.
The instrument is very compact for a triple horn as well as being more aesthetically pleasing. It is designed to operate standing in Bb as this is the most efficient way of operating three thumb levers, although it can be made to play standing in F on request.
Available to UK customers only.
WARRANTY: Paxman Musical Instruments Limited give a two year warranty on all new instruments. This does not cover accidental damage or lacquer wear.
Finance options are available for this product. For more information click here